- SCIENCE CANNOT PROTECT YOU FROM BEING WRONG WHEN YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE YOU PAY LIP SERVICE TO SCIENCE. THERE ARE NO INDULGEANCES IN SCIENCE AND SCIENCE IS NOT A GOD.
- YOU DO NOT GET TO VOTE ON WHAT IS REAL, JUST BECAUSE MORE THAN ONE IDIOT BELIEVES THE SAME THING DOESN’T MAKE IT MORE TRUE.
- IN ORDER TO SPEAK WITH AUTHORITY ON SCIENCE YOU CANNOT SAY OR DO THINGS THAT ARE UNSCIENTIFIC, THIS IS KNOWN AS PRAXIS.
- IF YOU REALIZE YOU ARE WRONG YOU HAVE TO RETRACT YOUR ERRANT ASSERTION, THAT IS HOW SCIENCE IS DONE, TIME TO BE A BIG BOY.
- SCIENCE IS ABOUT ANALYSIS NOT EMOTION, ARGUING EMOTIONALLY AND GETTING OFFENDED DOESN’T MAKE YOUR POSITION MORE VALID, IT FALSIFIES YOUR POSITION. IF YOU ARE DOING SCIENCE EMOTIONALLY YOU ARE DOING BAD SCIENCE.
- EX CATHEDRA ASSERTIONS ARE UNSUPPORTED ASSERTIONS THAT PRESUPPOSE YOUR OWN AUTHORITY. IF YOU HAD SCIENTIFIC AUTHORITY YOU WOULD BE SUPPORTING YOUR ASSERTIONS. THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN MAKE EX CATHEDRA ASSERTIONS IS THE POPE, ARE YOU THE POPE?
- IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIMENTING AND VERIFYING RESEARCH YOU ARE NOT A SCIENTIST AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS RECEIVED KNOWLEDGE, SO STOP FEELING SO SCIENCY AND MAKING THE FUNDAMENTAL ATTRIBUTION ERROR ABOUT YOURSELF.
- KNOWLEDGE IS JUSTIFIED, TRUE, BELIEF, SO EVEN SCIENCE REQUIRES BELIEF. IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS TRUE YOU ACT ON IT. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE DON’T TRY TO WALK THROUGH WALLS, THEY BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SOLID.
- FACTS AND SCIENCE DO NOT TELL US WHAT TO DO, CONSCIENCE TELLS US WHAT TO DO.
- SCIENCE DOES NOT MAKE YOU PSYCHIC, YOU STILL HAVE TO USE SOCRATIC DIALOGUE IN DEBATE.
“Since Hitchens evidently dosen’t take himself seriously, there’s no reason for anyone to…” Noam Chomsky
How many of you know that Noam Chomsky was the mentor to Christopher Hitchens? I will say this about Hitchens, I respect him for his honest portrayal in “THE RIGHTS OF MAN” of Thomas Paine. In a way Hitchens kind of falsifies his own perspective in describing the journey of Paine from vehement atheist to deist. Paine helped in the French Revolution and he was almost killed in the French Revolution by Atheists, he was saved by an accident as a matter of fact. You see, Paine was sitting in his prison cell with the door open, the stupid person that was to mark the door for the order in which he was to be executed painted the number on the inside of the door, and then the door was closed later, since he was to be executed he might try to abscond, so it would be prudent to close the fucking door. But when they started chopping off everyone’s heads they got to him and his door didn’t have a number and for some reason Thomas Paine, like the chicken shit he was didn’t tell him, “HEY GUISE, I AM NUMBER 13, ITS IN HERE IF YOU WANT TO SEE!”So the dickless wonder survived and came to the united states and realized that a modicrum of grace was needed in the American revolution, he blamed the godlessness of the atheists in France for the violence of the revolution over there and wanted to prevent a repeat in the good old United States.
Hitchens hints at a subject that I myself have discovered. There is no way to use science to make a positive rational assertion for why human beings should have inalienable rights, likewise there is no way to use evolution to do the same. In fact it is quite possible to use both to do the opposite. The only way that you can make a positive rational assertion for why human beings should have inalienable rights is if you posit god in some form. You have to assume some authority some universal law to which all people are beholding and then you can have human rights.
- Christopher Hitchens – The Party (believervsnonbelievers.wordpress.com)
- Christopher Hitchens is not a liar (3quarksdaily.com)
- Christopher Hitchens on mortality (maphead.wordpress.com)
- Remembering Christopher Hitchens (hitchensamiswrites.wordpress.com)
- The Resurrection of Brian Griffin (ignosticatheist.wordpress.com)
- What Hitchens got wrong: Abolishing religion won’t fix anything (salon.com)
- Zacharias and Hitchens Offer Clarity (sealedministries.wordpress.com)
- Christopher Hitchens faces posthumous ‘prosecution’ in new book (3quarksdaily.com)
- A dose of reality about Christopher Hitchens, RIP… (insightscoop.typepad.com)