Donald Trump is the Gold Standard. It’s humorous in a pathetic kind of way watching Media Pundit Elites and Politicians going out of their minds because they can’t Wag the Dog and herd people toward the conclusion & Candidate they prefer. The one that is corruptible and will protect all of the guilty parties that secretly have their filthy fingers in our pie.
Trump wins, Double Digits
Marco Rubio comes in second & over performs.
Ted Cruz comes in 3rd and under performs.
Kasich comes in 4th and over performs.
I recently got a ticket from a metered light. It cost about $800, the only ticket I have ever gotten. This is the definition of cruel and unusual punishment.
- The “essential predicate” is “that a punishment must not by its severity be degrading to human dignity,” especially torture.
- “A severe punishment that is obviously inflicted in wholly arbitrary fashion.” (Furman v. Georgia temporarily suspended capital punishment for this reason.)
- “A severe punishment that is clearly and totally rejected throughout society.”
- “A severe punishment that is patently unnecessary.”
Now let us imagine that we have a state that is educational instead of punitive. I would be warned not to do it again as it was a first offense or encouraged to take a class, but we have a system that is designed to punish and fine. The Judge wanted to reduce the fine or throw it out all together but unfortunately it has been turned into a mandatory minimum which means even the judge can’t lower it. It is above the authority of the authority to change. Which raises the question, whose authority is it in?
The reason that this is happening is that the moneyed powers need to make sure that they make a profit on their invention these traffic cameras. They made it to make a profit and they are manipulating the legal system so that they can make their money back. They don’t give a single fuck if it is right or not.
In an economy where people are living paycheck to paycheck, I just signed a lease, my room mate just lost her job, who can afford an $800 fine? Is this not cruel and unusual and unsustainable? and where is my money going? It is going to pay for the technology, the people working in Arizona that send out the photos, the judge, the police, I am paying this entire, bloated structure of authority to take my hard earned cash from me. It is like a giant upside down pyramid crushing the life out of me.
When the average person working for the government makes more money than a person privately employed you have a problem, you have an oligarchy. When cops perceive themselves as some manner of over class instead of servants to citizens we have a problem. Now Muslims don’t have a problem with this because they believe in castes and enforce their own superiority, but this is unamerican. When corporations are citizens and can protect their resources and pursue their interests and legislate and lobby you have a problem. You don’t have the money of a corporation do you? Do you have their man power? Do you have their lawyers? Do you have their lobbying power?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams
- Louisiana judge blasts overheated prison for trying to hide ‘cruel and unusual’ conditions (rawstory.com)
- Teen killers must be offered parole, court rules (bostonherald.com)
- Court Rules Life Without Parole For Juveniles Is Unconstitutional (wbur.org)
- Prison Profiteers Surely This Counts As Cruel & Unusual Punishment (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- Jimmy Carter calls for fresh moratorium on death penalty (noliesradio.org)
- Judge says overheated conditions on Louisiana death row ‘cruel and unusual’ (wwltv.com)