Protests recently by child protective services in Los Angeles. They are complaining about having too many cases to work and they want to hire more workers. Well they reached a compromise and hired 450 more child workers. You might think this is a good thing. They are definitively protecting children right? It’s right there in the name, but why are they over worked? It seems obvious to me that the reason they are experiencing a high volume of work is because the economy is bad. Now let me ask you this, wouldn’t it be wiser to fix the economy instead of increasing the government, which takes money from the people whose children it is taking away? We don’t need more government, we need an economy.
The problem with this, ignoring completely whether they abuse their positions or not, is that they are rewarded with more money for having more cases, which means they have an incentive to take peoples kids from them, more every year, so they have a bigger budget, which is exactly what they do. Unwilling to give up the budgets they already have they want more workers so that their job is easier, which means that once again we are making it easier to take people children away arbitrarily. I don’t think that we should be helping them, their job is supposed to suck. I hated how the news was so careful in describing the event to make them look good, they didn’t even say child protective services because that has become associated with a negative connotation. In closing we should fix the real problem, the economy, turning a blind eye to our economy while expecting people to happily and pleasantly die is just stupid. And then there is this.
- Common Core: SchoolsThreaten CPS Visits If Kids Don’t Show For Testing (freepatriot.org)
- Western child protection services destroy children’s lives (english.pravda.ru)
- Ariz. finds problems in more CPS cases (azfamily.com)
- Arizona official promises probe of abuse cases (sacbee.com)
- Child Abuse (raeheuy.wordpress.com)
- Texan Caseworkers (adrianavelazquezmartinez.wordpress.com)
- Arizona Governor Jan Brewer attacked for neglecting to investigate over 6,000 reports of child abuse (rawstory.com)